How ATOP is building its cybersecurity strategy around the standard:
ATOP’s solutions keep your network safe, prevent Intrusions and Attacks, protecting Sensitive Data and visualizing the Security Status of the Network, through:
• Account & password Management
• User Authentication & control
• Data Integrity and Confidentiality
• Firmware and Configuration Protection
What is IEC 62443?
IEC 62443 is an internationally recognized family of standards that specifies the security requirements for addressing external threats without losing any functional security features, across many vertical industries, such as oil/gas, chemical, industrial automation, ITS, medical devices or smart buildings.
Is flexible, powerful, adaptable to different application objectives, matching with the continuous evolution of technology, and easy to implement.
About IEC 62443:
This standard covers many different actors involved in industrial automation and control, from manufacturers to operators and consider different attack surfaces, as: lack of security monitoring, unauthorized access, unsecure data transmission, unencrypted key data, incomplete event logs and human configuration error.
(Industrial Automation & Control System standards overview. Source: https://wpo-altertechnology.com/iec-62443-standards/)
As manufacturers, we are complying to the standards as described in the fourth section (IEC62443-4), that sets out best practice for both product development (IEC62443-4-1) and for the component itself (IEC62443-4-2).
Network Devices compliant with IEC 62443-4-2 Standard
IEC 62443-4-2 subsection issues guidelines for components suppliers, which are based on the following key prerequisites and whose observance makes network more secure:
• Account Management
• Identifier Management
• Authenticator Management
• Password-based Authentication
• Public Key Authentication
• User Control
• Data Integrity
• Backup for Resource Availability
Discover here our Solutions that are now complying to IEC62443-4-2 security level 2
• Industrial Managed Fast-Ethernet Switches: EH7506-EH7508-EH7512-EH7520
• Industrial Managed Gigabit Switches : EHG7504-EHG7508-EHG7512-EHG7516-EHG7520-RHG7528
• EN50155 Managed Gigabit Switches : EMG8508-EMG8510
• IEC61850-3 Certified Managed Switches : EHG9508-EHG9512
IEC62443-4-2 compliance on Layer-3 switches, Serial Device Servers, Modbus Gateways and more, is coming soon!